The Legend Of Shad The Legend Of Shad

When's the next installment?

I think everyone here has hit the nail on the head.

For a first animation it's really good and show you have loads of potential.

There's a bit of code on the internet you may find useful, essentially it programs a box on the top layer that's invisible but acts like a camera. That way instead of trying to move 2 characters, the background and props at once, you could just move Shad and the camera box.

I look forward to your future work.

SuperSpark responds:

Thanks! Glad you liked it!

Do you mind sending me a PM telling me where I can find that program you're talking about. It sounds super useful!

The Video Game Polka The Video Game Polka

Flawed but good.

I'll try to keep this short but here how I see it.

First, good song, good idea and the general flow was nice.

Some sprites were low quality, mixing sprites of different bits (such as 16-bit megaman on an 8-bit background) is generally a bad idea. Few issues with animation.

Lip sinking was bang on for the most part, eye brows were used to actually change and show emotion rather then just tacked on.

Personally, I liked it, I have a few issues with it that i brought up, but I liked it.

6/10.

Emanhattan responds:

Oh. ok. yeah i must be careful on some sprite using

The Arena Part 1 The Arena Part 1

You got talent.

14 years old eh? I have to say your pretty good for only being 14, music wasn't my cup of tea but your art style is nice, light and consistant. You understand good camera work and everything flow rather nicely, except when it's not supposed to 'flow' like when those black things dissapear.

Next you may want to consider shading, but that requires alot of time and you put alot of time into this already.

Keep up the good work, I'll keep my eye open for others films by Jack in the Box

HOTM Chapter One HOTM Chapter One

Good, but point #3 is invalid.

Actually, while you do try to bring up a valid point at #3, Psy's character CAN be legaly copyrighted. A character must only at least 80% different to be considered uniqiue. Considering he's able to have his character on merandise, and make profit, I'd say he's above 80%. That aside, you did a pretty good job on the movie.

Rogan-YLS responds:

Hmmm... I'm having trouble following your reasoning about being "80% Different..." How do you measure something to be only 80% different? From what I'm understanding, you're claiming the more ornamentation, the more chance it has to have copyright protection. You might be right though, if it's in the copyright law documents I might have missed that. The reason he can have that character on merchandise if I am correct (Which I won't be if what you're saying is in fact part of the copyright laws) is because every person has right to Parody. Either that or SEGA doesn't give much care to sue him. I'll try to contact you about this. I'd like to see the document you got your reasoning from.

Sock Land Sock Land

Stupidly random and awsome

You must have been pretty damn bored to do something so random.... I LOVE IT. Just of how random it was, kinda reminds me of the interviews we make at Brad's.

The Icecream Machine The Icecream Machine

Great, Just Great.

I loved your art style and how well it was animated. The dialog also went from one character to the next quite smoothly. You have great lip syncing skills as well. Keep up the great work, I laughed well to that.

Super Sonic - Music Video Super Sonic - Music Video

It looks like an offical video by profesionals.

I'm surprised Psyguy could do that. It looks like an offical video and it fits the music quite well. I only wish I could make a video like that.